The warmer weather has us thinking about home improvement projects! If your home needs to be updated, but you just can’t afford to start a major renovation check out some of these cool upgrades without needing to invest in hiring a pro. If your looking for some new looks in your kitchen, need to update a bathroom, some of these DIY tips will have you well on your way to an improved home. Click on the links for step-by-step tutorials.
- Caulk like a pro! Caulking can be a tedious job, and if it’s not done with the proper techniques, it can create an unattractive result. This tip from How to Nest for Less shows you step by step how you can create clean crisp caulk lines. You can master caulking with this step-by-step tutorial with a little help from some tape and your bare hands.
- A DIY plank wall adds a little personality and flair to your space. Check out this tutorial from Life Crafts & Whatever.
- Adding shutters can easily transform the exterior of your home. Check out this tutorial from The Handmade Home and build your own shutters like a pro.
- Give your cabinets a facelift. Refinish or repaint your cabinets to freshen up your kitchen. This easy, but sometimes time consuming task will keep you from taking a sledgehammer to the entire room. Paint the cabinets any color you choose and replace the hardware for a beautiful upgrade. Check out the tips from Sunset here.
- Another fun and easy upgrade is to paint stripes! Don’t want to deal with messy wallpaper, check out this super easy tutorial from Live Love DIY, and add your own stripe style to any space.
- Have an unsightly popcorn ceiling? Give it a beautiful upgrade by placing bead board on top of the popcorn texture! This tutorial How to Cover Popcorn Ceiling with Beadboard Planks – DIY Tutorial (designingvibes.com) shows you how to easily cover the ceiling without having to spend time and deal with the mess of removing the texture.
Spending time upgrading your home can be fun and sometimes challenging! If you can’t afford the cost of a major upgrade, give some of these DIY projects a try. Now, if you decide you just can’t live without that new addition, or a beautiful new kitchen be sure to check out financing options at WesTex Federal Credit Union. We’ll visit with you about your project and help you determine the best form of financing to fit your project and your budget!